The Road So Far...
This last month of the class has been amazing. I have learned many great lessons. Time management was the biggest idea that I had trouble with. I have learned since then that in the long run time management is a huge part of being successful. Another lesson I learned this last month is, its ok to not get something right the first time. There are a lot of resources you can use to help you get things right or in order. I have learned that you need to have certain objectives in each lesson you teach.
One resource that has helped me grow throughout the process is the substitute training modules. these modules include being professional, Classroom management, teaching strategies, legal issues and special education. Each section has a test at the end, honestly, this course has been super helpful. In my lesson plan, I used the KWL chart, this chart I got from the Sub training course. I have also been reading through the edTPA handbook, even though it is a lot of information is it ever helpful!
Standard five: Teachers reflect on their practice. This standard I feel like I finally understand because I got to demonstrate it in my lesson planning task 3. I got to see what the "student" learned in the lesson and what they still needed to work on. Assessments are the best! (maybe not when you are a student but as a teacher, they are very helpful). Assessments help with future lesson plans and also lets you know if you, as the teacher, need to adjust to the lesson to help with student learning.
This class in addition to the sub training has taught me some valuable lesson I can use in my future classroom. One is the art of classroom management. Classroom management is going to be different each time you go into the classroom there will be different situations throughout the year. Another big lesson I learned that I can implement into my future classroom is the diversity of learning and how to incorporate strategies into my lesson plan to help them learn the material.
Lastly, I just want to thank you guys for being awesome classmates and I can't wait to see what is in store for all of us!
I think that one of the biggest lessons I learned this semester was that it's okay if you don't get something right the first time. In this class we learned all about the benefits of feedback. I feel like feedback helped me grow and get a better understanding of the information. I agree with you that that incorporating strategies that help diverse learners become successful is something we all have to incorporate. Learning how to do that properly can be tricky but beneficial. Good luck next semester!
ReplyDeleteI also learned that in order to become a great teacher you must mess up sometimes to learn from your mistakes. Feedback was a apart of every assignment which was crucial because it exposed us and made us comfortable in front of our peers. So glad Dr. Parker was tough on us because now we are better prepared for our futures!
ReplyDeleteYou are right - this was an awesome class! I am going to miss working with you all! Again, I appreciate your true reflective attitude and your ability to always learn more - keep that perspective!
ReplyDelete